Tuesday, June 7, 2011

General Information Of Working In Denmark For Foreigners Part 1

Almost every one who comes from other country is freely allowed to work and live in Denmark. But there are situations when one is required to have residence and work permit for Denmark. To be exact, living and working in Denmark depends on individuals "Nationality" and after that his/her "Qualifications".

First let's make things clear, which are:

1. If you are Nordic* Citizen  person than you can live freely in Denmark for work or studies purposes.

*Nordic Citizen : Those who come from Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.

2. If you have nationality of *EU/EEA Citizenship, or you are Swiss Citizen and you are looking to live in Denmark then you can live there under special regulations.

* EU (Union Citizens) are individuals having nationality of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, U.K, Sweden, Spain, Slovenia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Germany, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia.

*EEA nationals are those citizens which reside in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

The above rules also apply to Switzerland nationals.

For How long Can These Citizens Can Stay In Denmark ?

Union Citzen and EEA can freely stay for upto 3 months, if they are looking for work permit then the length increases to 6 months. If you want to stay more then 3 and upto 6 months in Denmark during which you can look for work/job, you will need Registration Certificate in case for Union/EEA nationality and If you come from any other country other than the mentioned above you will be needing Residence Card.

The Very Basic General Information about Salaried work/Job/working Part 1 Ends Here

No comments:

Post a Comment